THE TOP TABLES A photo of members of the Mayo GAA Executive at last year's County Convention. Pic: Michael McLaughlin
TONIGHT’S (Monday’s) meeting of the Mayo GAA Board at MacHale Park, Castlebar did not discuss any matters relating to the recent dispute between Mayo GAA and the Mayo GAA International Supporters’ Foundation.
It had been expected that a range of issues raised in recent correspondence by Mr Tim O’Leary, the foundation’s chairman, would be addressed by Mayo GAA officials and club delegates.
However, a statement released to The Mayo News after the meeting by County Board spokesperson, Paul Cunnane, said: “In relation to tonight's meeting to respond to clubs, we received legal correspondence from Tim O'Leary and Eugene Rooney, and based on those letters we have now been advised that we cannot now comment any further on these matters.”
The statement also said that: “There was a vote of confidence proposed in the Mayo GAA executive and board at tonight's meeting which was resoundingly passed by all delegates.”
The Mayo News understands that a vote was also taken among club delegates present on excluding media from all future meetings of the Mayo County Board.
No members of the media were allowed to attend tonight’s meeting.