17
Mon, Feb
1 New Articles

Accused to receive bail

News
Accused to receive bail

Michael Duffy

A Scottish man accused of stabbing and seriously injuring another man in Castlebar is due to be released on bail this week
Mr Edward Carrick, with an address at 39 Manor Village, Castlebar, appeared before last Friday’s sitting of Kiltimagh District Court on a charge of assault causing serious harm in the Manor village estate at 3.30am on October 22 last.
Mr Myles Gilvarry, representing Mr Carrick, told the court that his client had been refused bail at Ballina District Court last Tuesday as the Gardaí wanted assurances in relation to where he would live if he was bailed.
Inspector Willie Keaveney told the court that the State would not oppose bail but a file would be sent to the Director DPP.
However, Judge Conal Gibbons remanded the man in custody so that the surety could be validated.
Mr Carrick is due to appear at Harristown Court near Castlerea Prison when bail is likely to be granted.